Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Patience

Some days, I'm not Mommy.  Instead I am Sarabi or Mean Hyena;  Edee is Nala and Chicken is Simba.  Other days I am Mushu while Edee is Mulan and Chicken is Shang or Lucky Cricket.  Or Edee is Rapunzel, Chicken is Flynn Rider, and I'm Mother Gothel (booooo).  You get the idea.  It's hard to keep track of all this; fortunately Edee is really good at reminding me if per chance I forget and get a name wrong.

Today, Edee threw in a new curve-ball and dubbed herself "Mommy", Chicken as "Daddy" and me as "Edee".   I've been having a hard time keeping this straight but had just started to catch on come snack time.

Edee:  "Edee, peease open my yogurt."
Me:  "Just a minute, Edee.  I'm getting applesauce ready for Chicken."
Edee:  "I'm MOMMY, and dis is DADDY."
Me:  "Oh, right Mommy.  Be patient for just a minute, okay Mommy?"
Ede:  "Um, Mommies don't have patience."

Ouch.
Touche.

No comments:

Post a Comment