Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Bath Time


I was supposed to be enjoying a few minutes to myself one evening in a peaceful bubble bath while Daddy wrangled Edee.  Chicken was already in bed.  It had been a long, cold day and I was looking forward to just being by myself and relaxing for a few minutes.

Soon the door opens and who appears, but Edee.

Edee:  "HI Mommy!  Whoa.  You taking a baff?"
Me:  "Yes Edee.   Go back out to Daddy."
Edee:  "Wow, you haf bubbles?
Me: "Yep.  Okay, bye."
Edee:  "Oh wait.  You need some toys!"
Me:  "I don't need any toys, I'm fine."
Edee (calling back to me as she runs out the door):  "Don worry, I be right back."

She then proceeds to bring various toys and dump them into the bathtub.  She looks around excitedly at how the tables have turned--Mommy in the bath with her on the outside.

Edee:  "Ahhhh-right Mommy.  Yet's take a yittle talk."
Me:  "A little talk, huh?  About what?"
Edee (shrugging):  "Hm.  I don know.  Can I pay wit you bubbles?"
Me: "No."
Edee:  "Can I touch you leg?"
Me: ".......No."
     
<sigh>

Thus was the end to my "peaceful" bubble bath.  Where was Daddy during all of this, you ask?  That's what I'd like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment