Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Frozen

I'm done with everything "Frozen".  So, so done.  Let's please 'let it go' already.  It's not that I didn't think the movie was cute or don't love the music.  I do.  But when we've watched the youtube videos five thousand times and my facebook feed is full of yet another cover, parody, or hidden agenda theory....months and months since the newest Disney storm began....I just feel jaded with it.  It may be partly because I'm extremely jaded with winter.  

However, as I took Edee to the public restroom today I found another hidden message that Frozen could be all about.   

Edee doesn't like public restroom (who does, really?).  The toilets are big and "flush loud" and the hand dryers are also pretty noisy and intimidating.   Today she had a little stage fright sitting on the potty in Target after doing all the dances, wiggles, and grabs that signify a mad potty-dash.   I told her to take a deep breath and just let it go.

You can guess what happened next.  Edee looked up at me with a smile and started singing "Let it go, let it go......"  

And the light-bulb went on.  The mystery of Frozen practically thawed and revealed before my very eyes. It's all about needing to go potty.   Makes sense to Edee and I!  

No comments:

Post a Comment