Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Excuses

Chicken is a great little helper.  It may be partially his age, partially his disposition; but he loves to please.  When it's time to go bye-bye he runs and gets everyone a pair of shoes.  They may or may not be the correct shoes for the person, but it's pretty sweet regardless.

Edee is often the opposite.  It may be partially her age, partially her disposition; either way, she likes to fight me tooth and nail when I ask her to do something.  Cleaning up especially has become a huge battle.  As soon as she hears the words "Clean up" the immediate response would be "ugh, I'm too tired."

Well I "got tired" of that one pretty soon and let her know that that was not an okay response.  Everytime she said it I would pick her up and lay her in her bed and tell her to take a nap since she was "too tired".  There is no worse punishment for Edee than being put to sleep.

So she stopped saying it.  Then one day, when I told her it was time to clean up, she bent over to pick up something and with a loud grunt of exertion said "Oh...Mommy....I not 'trong enough to pick up my messes."

Excuses, excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment