Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Bum

We're in the car.  I hear some reference to the word "butt" as the kids are yammering in the back.

Me:  Hey.  Let's not say that word, it's not a nice-sounding word coming from your little mouths.  You can say "bum" instead.
Edee:  Okay, you are a BUM, Chicken!
Me:  Hey wait, don't say that!
Edee:  But you said it was okay, Mom!!
Me:  No no no.  Name-calling is never okay.  Name-calling is saying something that can hurt someone's feelings or make them feel sad.  I meant if you were referring to the body part, you should say "bum"!
Chicken:  But I'm okay with that!
Me:  You're okay with being called a bum!?
Chicken:  Yeah! It doesn't make me sad!
Edee:  Yeah!  It's not name-calling, he's not sad!  You're a stinky bum, Chicken!
Me:  Edee!
Chicken:  Ha ha, I'm okay with being a stinky bum!!! I'm not sad!
Edee:  Ha, ha, ha, Big Poopy Bum!
Me:  Edee....seriously...
Chicken:  But Mom, I'm okay with that!!  It's okay, Mom.  I'm a Big Poopy Bum!! HA HA HA!

I lose.  I just....lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment