Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Old

Edee will have her first day of kindergarten in a few days.  It's kind of a HUGE deal! First child going to school!!  We went to her orientation this past week and it went well.  She went from being mostly nervous and only a little excited, to "excited as big as da whole house!!"

After the orientation, at a friends' house:

Edee: I didn't know dat my teacher would be so young!
Me:  She was so young! (turning and talking to my friend) It made me feel pretty old!  She's definitely in her early twenties.  Long blond hair, very chic....
Edee:  Yeah mom, you are pretty old! She was, like, in her twenties and you are like, in your sixties or seventies or some-ting....
Me:  Wow.  No.  Let's get this straight.  I am in my early THIRTIES.  You have grandparents that aren't even in their sixties and seventies.

Thank you for that, Edee. I think I'm just going to go dab on a little wrinkle cream right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment