Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, September 30, 2016

John Henry

Chicken has begun this obsession with John Henry ever since seeing the Disney short video about him.

Chicken:  John Henry is a mighty man!  He is the strongest man in the world and no one else is as strong as him, not even Daddy.  John Henry is dust SO COOL!
Edee:  Ugh, not me, I don't like John Henry.
Chicken: Only boys like John Henry.  And girls with short hair.
Edee: Yes, but only girls with weally short hair.  It has to be weally short, and dey have to like, like things like vehicles and cars and stuff--
Chicken:  I like dose! I do! And rocket ships!  I weally, weally want to go on a rocket ship so bad. But I'm too scared to go into outer space, it's so so scary!  I don't want to go....
Edee:  You can't go, you have to be an adult to go to outer space.  Or a teenager!
Chicken:  I DO weally want to go into outer space.  I want to go TODAY, right now!

Did I mention we were in the car?   I'm just the driver here.  Please don't hold me responsible for their apparent stereotype about girls with short hair....I really don't know.


No comments:

Post a Comment