Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Apology

Chicken had a little friend over for the morning yesterday.  They were playing on the upper level when I hear yelled down from the top of the stairway:

Chicken: Mom!!  Becca wants to watch a show!
Me:  Becca wants to watch a show?  Or you want to watch a show...?
Chicken: Becca said it!
Me:  Okay, well no shows, okay?  It's time to play and I'm sure she's happy to play with you.
Chicken:  But Mom!  She weally wants to!!
Me:  No...maybe her mommy will let her watch shows when she's home.
Chicken:  But...
Me:  I already gave my answer.  Go play, please.
Chicken (to Becca):  Ugh.  I don't know why she is being like dis today.  Sorry Becca!!

The fact that he felt he had to so sincerely apologize for my behavior....killed me!  I had a glimpse of what it feels like to be on the other end of those kinds of comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment