Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Girlfriend

Exactly one month into kindergarten.....and we're already at this.

Edee:  Christopher told me I'm his girlfriend.
Me:  He did!?
Edee:  Yeah.

Oh my.

Later at dinner:

Me:  Are you going to tell Daddy what you told me about Christopher?
Edee (with a timid smile):  Well...uh...um.....I....uh....I.....I....uh....um....I don't want to say it.
Daddy:  How come?
Edee:  I don't fink he'll like it berry much.
Daddy:  What won't I like?
Me: Just tell him.  Daddy wants to know too.
Edee:  (more sputtering and stuttering)
Me:  Do you want me to tell him?
Edee:  (nods)
Me: Christopher told her that she was his girlfriend.
Edee:  (shrinking in her seat).
Daddy:  Oh....what did you say?
Edee:  I didn't weally say anything, but I thought, "Hey!  I'm not old enough to be a girlfriend!!"
Daddy:  Oh yeah? That's okay. How come you didn't say it?
Edee:  Because I thought maybe he wouldn't like it or want to be my friend anymore.
Daddy:  That's okay.  It sounds like you're being a good friend.  Thanks for telling me about it.

And it's only just begun.



No comments:

Post a Comment