Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Teenager

Edee. The girl who has wanted to grow up ever since she's understood the concept of growing up.

I've been a leader in the Young Women's Organization (Youth Group at our church) in one capacity or another for the majority of Edee's existence.  Before she existed, even.  Subsequently, she knows all about it (or at least thinks she does) and simply can't wait until she's a twelve year old herself.

Edee:  Mom!  I love my CTR 5 class (church class for five year olds) SO much!  It's so much fun.
Me:  Good, I'm glad! You have great teachers and great friends there.
Edee:  Yeah.  And soon!  Soon I will be in Young Womens' and see you there, Mom.
Me: Whoa.  Not too soon. I'm glad you are excited but you still have seven years to go.  You sure are getting big though.
Edee:  Yeah!  I can't believe I'm getting so big.  I am growing up, Mom.  Soon I'll be a teenager.
Me:  Now don't say that.
Edee:  Why not?
Me:  Because some teenagers can be a bit....scary...I guess.  I hope you are nice to me.....are you going to be nice to me?
Edee:  I don't know yet, Mom. Sorry, we'll just have to wait to find out.
Me:  Whaaaaat.
Chicken:  I will!  I will be nice to you Mom!
Me:  I believe you Chicken.....
Edee:  No Chicken, you don't know that yet.
Chicken:  I do!
Edee:  You don't know that.  You'll have to wait and see.  But, you know more than adults do.  We usually do.  Kids do know more than adults.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.  What the what.

Is it plain to see why I'm legitimately scared about Edee and this teenager business??

1 comment: