Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Sweet Sickie

Chicken has been sick this week.

 I ask him what he wants for lunch and he tell me a " 'moof-fie" (smoothie).  I get it ready in the kitchen, but peek over in the living room to make sure he's not asleep before turning on the the blender.  He doesn't like loud noises, including the blender, and I didn't want to send him into a conniption.He is asleep, so I start tucking the blankets around him to make him into a little bundle in order to take him up to his bed upstairs.

Chicken:  Mom, what are you doing, I'm sleep-een.
Me: I was going to turn on the blender and didn't want to wake you up, so I was taking you upstairs to sleep in your room.
Chicken:  Dat's okay, I dust want to sleep here.
Me:  Will the blender scare you?
Chicken:  No, I'm fine wit' the blender on.
Me:  Okay sweetie.
Chicken: Danks for tucking me in, Mom.

He rolls back over to fall asleep.
Total heart melt.

I turn on the blender and come check on him when it's finished.  He appears asleep.  A moment later he rouses a bit and murmers--

Chicken: Da blender help-ed me to fall asleep Mom."
Me:  Oh.  Okay, good.

I quietly pick up the laptop and sit down to write this down.

Chicken:  Mom!  You dust woke -ed me up.
Me:  Sorry.
Chicken:  Dust don't do it again, kay?

LOL.  (more like QGOL--quiet giggle out loud).  That kid.

Then after waking up from his nap.

Me:  Did you have a nice nap?
Chicken:  Yah.  Da blender was good for me to fall asleep.  Da blender was good for me.  Did your mom turn on da blender for you to fall asleep when you were a kid?
Me: Ha, no....but I liked the sound of the washing machine to fall asleep....

The magical soothing blender. Who knew? Just last week he was terrified of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment