Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Oranges

Happy New Year 2016!  I know I missed a lot of cute Edee and Chickenisms, but the month of December was a very busy one.  I'm recommitting to capture the kids conversations a little better this year.

I've posted before about how Chicken LOVES orange juice.  It's the only drink he asks for.  But even if it's apple juice, grape juice, or whatever juice we have....it's still "owange duice" to him and acceptable.

He *usually* enjoys oranges themselves also; except.... for when they are too fresh, apparently.

Me:  Here Chicken, eat your orange and then I'll get you the rest of your lunch.
Chicken:  My owange is too fwesh!  Fwesh!!  I don't like it, it's too fwesh for me!
Me:  You're orange is too fresh?  Are you sure?
Chicken:  What does 'too fwesh' mean?
Me:  It means nice and new.
Chicken:  It's too fwesh and I don't like it!

The fact is that the oranges were a little old, which is what I think he was trying to say...they weren't fresh!

That was a few weeks ago.  Today, Chicken asked me to sit by him at the little table while he drank the orange juice I poured him (which, by-the-way, is always heavily watered down since the kid drinks so much of the stuff).

Me:  Oh, do you even have any juice left in there?

He takes a big swig to down the rest of small amount left in the cup.

Chicken:  I dust drank da last blump!

I could not control the laughter.  It was just so cute and funny how he said it.  I have no idea where he got the word "blump". Of course my reaction caught Edee and Daddy's attention, and after I related what happened, Edee immediately asked if should could have a blump of orange juice too.

This one here is a trend-setter, I feel it.





No comments:

Post a Comment