Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Singing

Chicken picked out a "baby show" to watch while he was getting his hair cut a few days ago.  Gotta keep that wiggly little head still; I'll do whatever it takes.   The show, which was geared towards infants, had a mellow, monotonous theme song that easily gets stuck in your head (as many children's shows' theme songs tend to do).

So yesterday, out of the blue Daddy belts out the lyrics.... in a purposely obnoxious, falsetto voice.

Daddy:  "My child!  Me and Baby First TV.  My child!  Me and Baby First TV.  My child--"
Chicken:  No Dad!  It's not cute when you do it!
Edee:  EEEH!  Dad!  Dat's not right!
Daddy (ignoring them):  "My Child!  Me and Baby First TV--"
Edee:  Stop!! Dat's not right, Dad!
Daddy:  "My--"
Chicken:  STOP Dad!  It's not cute when YOU do it!  See, watch me.
(then with a sheepish little grin):  "My Child!  Me and Baby First TV...."  See? Dat's cute.  It's not cute when YOU do it!!

Oh the protest.   Oh the cuteness (or the lack thereof, depending on who's referring to who).
Oh the entertainment.



1 comment: