Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Peacock

Edee grabs one of those "grown-up" coloring books with abstract designs off of a shelf and brings it over to where I am sitting with Chicken.

Edee:  Mommy, you need to color one of dese pik-shures for Chicken, like you did for me.
Me:  Okay, there are some things I need to get done first.  Maybe later today.
Edee:  Look, Chicken, do you like dis one?
Chicken:  Yeah!

They chatter on some more, I'm not paying attention.

Edee:  Mom!  Chicken wants dis one because it looks like a dead peacock!
Me:  Wha...
Chicken:  Yeah!  It does!  It weally does!
Me:  Gross, a dead peacock?
Edee:  Yeah!  Color dis one for him, okay?
Me:  Hmmmm....not sure how I feel about that.

They chatter on some more.

Edee:  Mom, we want you do color dis one.
Me:  Because it looks like a dead peacock?
Edee:  No, it looks like a porky-pine wit feaders (feathers) in it.  Dat's why.
Chicken:  Yeah!

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.






No comments:

Post a Comment