Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, July 4, 2014

Spell It Out

Edee:  Mommy, I want to pay beedts.
Me:  No, I'm sorry.  Last time you played with my beads you made a huge mess and wouldn't clean it up.  You're not allowed to play with my beads anymore.
Edee:  No no no.  I want to pay beedts.
Me:  Edde, I said no.  Don't ask again.

A few minutes later

Edee:  Mommy, I want to pay beedts.  B-A.  Beedts.
Me:  I already said no.....wait, are you saying beads?
Edee:  No no no.  Beedts.  Beedts.  B-A-B.  Beedts.
Me:  Say it again.  Bees?  You want to play bees?  I don't understand.
Edee:  Beedts.  Q-R-S, Beedts.
Me:  Beads?  Bees?  Beets?  I have no idea.
Edee:  Dat one (she points to the screen saver on our TV screen of a beach).  Beedts.
Me: OOOOOOHHHHHH.  Beach.  I see.  Okay, let's play beach....

Why didn't you just say so?

The fact that she was trying to spell it out for me when she can't spell yet was just priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment