Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Morning

Daddy let me sleep in this morning.  It was much appreciated; Edee had climbed into bed with us at least two or three times last night and interrupted both of our sleep.  He may have been the one who got up with her each time....but I need more beauty rest than he does, and he knows this.

It was about 8 o'clock and Daddy finally let the kids loose to rouse me from my deep slumber.  Edee was the first to make it upstairs and jump on me in bed.

Edee:  "Mommy, I wake-ed you up.  Can I watch some more 'Dis Old House?'"

Now I know what they've been up to all morning.

Me:  "No....that's a daddy show, and he's getting ready for work right now."
Edee:  "Hey!  But I yike Dis Old House!  Girls can watch it too, Mommy!"

Way to call me out on my gender stereotyping when I classified a home-improvement show as a "Daddy Show".  I am proud of my girl.  And she really does love watching Ask This Old House.  I'm glad of this because in a few years she can be Daddy's assistant to all his projects and I can spend more time where I belong, in the kitchen.

Chicken was next to make it to the bed.  He does what he usually does--jumps on me yelling "Mommy!" and gives me a big hug.  Then he says:  "Gashesh!!  'Ere you go." He grabs my glasses off the night-stand and tries to put them on my face.  Today they were more like smashed on my face and the hinge bent, but luckily it bent back without snapping.

And thus a new day with Edee and Chicken has begun.  Good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment