Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pies

Edee and I were talking about making some muffins out of an acorn squash we had on the counter.  I was telling her that it was kind of like a pumpkin and would taste good in muffins, just like how pumpkin tastes good in muffins.

Edee: Memah (remember) when we got a pumpkin and made it to a pie?
Me: Yeah I do remember that.  We made lots of pumpkin treats with that pumpkin.  Pumpkin cheesecakes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin milkshakes, and pumpkin whoopie pies with lots of delicious cream cheese frosting!!
Edee:  Yeah!  a YOT of fost-in for da big poopie pies!
Me:  The what pies?
Edee:  Poopie pies?
Me:  You mean whoopie pies.
Edee:  Oh!  Ha ha ha ha whoopie pies! Oh wight.
Chicken:  A Pink-a-Pie!!
Me:  Not Pinkie Pie, Chicken.  Not poopie pies either.
Edee:  Ha ha ha ha ha!!
Chicken:  Pink-a-Pie!!!  Pink-a-Pie! Pink-a-Pie!!!

Pinkie Pie is Edee's favorite character from My Little Ponies.  Apparently his favorite too.  Personally, I prefer the pumpkin whoopie pies (with delicious cream cheese frosting) above all the before-mentioned pies.


No comments:

Post a Comment