Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, July 28, 2014

On the Phone

Edee was on the phone with Grandma.  She had been asking me a bunch of questions about the cats at Grandma's house (we will be flying there in a few weeks) and I told her I didn't know and to call and ask Grandma.

I'm observing the conversation as it shifts from cats to our house.

Edee:  An dis is our wibbing woom (living room), and dis is da T.V.  Do you hab a T.V?  Good.  An do you see dis box?  An dis one?

She's walking around touching things and pointing to rooms as she's saying this.

Me:  Edee, she can't see what you are pointing at.  Just talk to her.
Edee:  Okay....oh, oh, oh, wait.  And dis is our ki-chen, and da table, and da tares (chairs).
Me:  Edee, she can't see it.
Edee (in a matter-of-fact, "duh, Mom" voice):  I know.  Dat's why I teying (telling) her all about it.
Me:  Well...alrighty then.

Can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment