Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Awww, Cute.

We are driving to the YMCA.  As a tangent, let me tell you, the membership has been more than worth it--not only because I enjoy having a pool to take the kids to and a place to work out, but because babysitting is included.  That means if I want two hours to "ride a bike" (AKA: read a book while slowly pedaling my feet), I have it on any given day.

We were listening to a kids' audiobook on the way over (it's only 4 and 1/2 miles away, but any amount time in the car for kids can be too long) and the characters in the book were visiting an aquarium.  There was mention of a baby shark.

Edee:  A baby s-yark!!  Awwww!!!  A baby s-yark!!  Cute!!
Chicken:  Coot! Awww!!!  Coot!!  Baby yahk!! Awwwwwwww!!!  Cooooot!! Awww!  Baby yahk! Cooot!!

I wish I could provide a visual of Chicken when he thinks something is cute and does this.  He lightly clasps both hands and places them on the side of his face, leaning his cheek on them.  He learned it from Edee, she does the same thing.

Trust me, you would be saying "Awwww, cute!", too, if you saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment