Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, July 24, 2015

Lollipop

I gave Edee and Chicken lollipops for helping me clean up the living room.  I was really excited to see these, as I love the Tootsie Fruit Chews.

*by the way....to call them "pops", "lollies", "suckers", or just plain old "lollipops"?  I grew up with them being suckers, but I only hear them as lollies or pops out here.  I usually call them lollipops with my kids, as I'll soon illustrate*

Chicken started throwing a fit about wanting another lollipop.  I went with the good ol' distraction technique....and incidentally ended up going the extra mile.

Me:  What color was your lollipop?
Chicken: Owange!
Me:  What color was the inside?
Chicken:  Geen!
Me:  Ohhh cool!
Chicken:  I wan anudder owange one!!
Me:  Wait a minute, you never thanked Mommy for the lollipop you got.  Say 'Thank you Mommypop...' (it was a legitimate slip of the tongue). Thank you Mommypop? Ha ha! Thank you Mommypop!!!

Chicken and Edee burst out laughing.  I was feeling a bit grumpy about the whining but had to laugh right along with them.

Edee (putting her hands on my face):  Ah ha ha, OH Mommy, you're da best!!  You  make us yaff so much some times.  Dank you Mommypop.
Me:  Ha ha ha
Edee:  Dank you Mommytoy.
Chicken: Dank you Mommytoy!
Me: Say 'Thank you, Mommybean!' (I had also given them a few jellybeans)
Edee:  Dank you Mommybean!
Chicken: Dank you Mommybean!

And so the giggling continued and all thoughts of whining for another lollipop was forgotten.  Double win.


No comments:

Post a Comment