Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Sunbutter

Chicken has food allergies, so our family is on a strict "no nut" policy.  The only substitute we can have for peanut butter is "Sunbutter"--made from sunflower seeds.  That or soy butter, but that thought is not very appealing; and we like Sunbutter so we'll stick with that.

Edee:  Mommy did you bing a snack?
Me:  I made Sunbutter and jelly sandwiches for lunch.
Edee:  I don yike Yun-budder.  It's feaking me out.
Me: .....freaking you out, huh?
Edee:  yeah wit all dos punkin seeds in dere.  It feaks me out.

I guess I had the same reaction to soy butter....so I shouldn't be so surprised.  And yes, I clarified that there are no pumpkin seeds in the Sunbutter.


No comments:

Post a Comment