Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ewa go?


Poor, poor Chicken.  He has had a rough couple of weeks. Edee started Joy School earlier this month (a preschool program), so two times a week we drop her off for two-and-a-half fun-filled hours with 5 other three-year-old buddies.  She's also starting a dance class, and is very involved with many friends.  I can't blame him for feeling a little left out and being stuck alone with me all the sudden--it was rare before this for them to be apart for very long.

I hear:  "Ewa go?"  repeatedly during these times that she's gone.  When I tell him "Joy School" or what-not, the response is usually "Why?", in the sweetest inquiry voice possible. No matter what I say, it's usually followed by another "why" or "Ewa go?".  It's just a little heart-breaking.

I think the straw broke the camel's back after a few weeks of this, because when I picked her up from Joy School and she was telling me what she learned about, Chicken interrupted:

"NO!!  YOP!!  YOP TALK 'BOUT IT!!"

Every time Edee tried to break in, she was met by another yelling chastisement from Chicken.  She couldn't get one word in  He's only freshly two, but his feelings are quite pronounced about the situation.  Now any time we go anywhere he asks: "Come, too?" (Can I come too?).

  I find it quite endearing how much he misses her when she's gone, but I'm hoping this phase passes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment