Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Oatmeal

Edee:  I wan fuit 'naks too!!"
Me:  Edee, Chicken got fruit snacks because he ate his breakfast all gone.  You didn't eat all of your oatmeal!
Edee:  Yes I did!
Me:  Last time I checked you didn't...did you finish it later?
Edee: Chicken ate mine all gone.  I fink he did.
Me:  I hope not, he's allergic to cow milk.  You should have eaten it.
Edee:  Yes, I did and I put da bowl in da sink.
Me:  Well... I saw your bowl on the table before we left so I know you didn't do that.  We can check when we get home this afternoon to see if you ate it all gone or not.

Later, on the way home.

Edee:  Mom.  I did eat my oatmeal all gone
Me:  Okay, we'll check as soon as we get home
Edee:  You go upstairs, mommy, and Chicken can watch me while I finish eating it.
Me:  Uh.....hmmmm.....sounds a little shady.  I think that solves this dilemma.

I forget about the conversation by the time we are home and Edee gets into the house while I'm packing up things from the truck.  First thing when I walk in the door, she runs up to me:

Edee:  Mommy, I ate it all gone and put my bowl in the sink.

First thing I do is check the garbage can.  No oatmeal.  I look in the sink--there's a bowl with only a little bit of oatmeal left.

What really happened to the oatmeal is a mystery.  Maybe she did eat it this morning.  Maybe Chicken did  and luckily he didn't have a reaction to the milk.  Maybe she hid the remains (ugh...not good).  Maybe she ate it after it sat on the table for 8 hours (really not good!).  Either way, I had no choice but to give her fruit snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment