Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Chickenisms

Chicken has been so chatty and is saying things I've never heard him say before all at once.  It astounds and entertains me.  A few of the things that have been sticking around for the past while, however, need to be documented before all these new-found phrases crowd them out.

First and foremost, the word "anymore", pronounced "ih-wee-moah".  This frequents his vocabulary and is most of the time used incorrectly.  He seems to think that by tagging "anymore" at the end of a phrase, it makes the subject a negative.

Examples:

Me:  Are you poopy?  Let's go change your diaper.
Chicken: No!  I an poopy, ih-wee-moah!!  (I'm not poopy)
Me:  Chicken, finish your dinner.
Chicken:  No, I yike dis, ih-wee more!  (I don't like this)

Or, today:

Chicken:  I'n a pin-siss!!  (I'm a princess).
Me:  No....Chicken, remember?  You are a prince. A handsome prince!
Chicken:  No!  I'n a pince, ih-wee-moah!!!!  I'n a pitty pin-sess!! (....he would rather be a princess over a prince.  This is what happens when you have an older sister and play everyday with her and her friends).

You get the idea.  All throughout the day we're hearing "ih-wee-more".

It's also humorous how he'll add "wor-effah" (forever) at the end of a statement to show emphasis.

Like:

"No Eddee!  I want dat, ih-wee-moah, WOR-EFFAH!!!

Last one: he'll end something he says with the word "maybe".  It doesn't seem to have any meaning to him other than he may feel a little more grown up using such a cool new word.

Oh Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment