Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Elf

We are Elf on the Shelf people....barely.  I say barely because our Elf "Peetie" doesn't join us until the first day of the "12 Days of Christmas" and sometimes he gets forgotten.  Or, like last night, sometimes he does something exciting like have a marshmallow fight with some of the toys in the living room, but then Daddy will come downstairs in the early morning with Chicken....

I'm still in bed when Edee comes up to my room
Me:  Edee, did you see Peetie this morning?
Edee: Yeah he was by da boxes!!
Me:  Oh...that's it?
Edee:  Yeah.

I come downstairs.  All the marshmallows are gone.

Me:  Daddy....I came downstairs last night and saw that Peetie had got into the marshmallows....where did they go?

Daddy just looks at me bewildered and perplexed.

Me:  Chicken did you see some marshmallows?
Chicken:  Yeah!  Eat dem!!!
Me:  Daddy, where were you??
Daddy (sheepishly):  Uh...I must have fallen asleep on the couch. 

Apparently.  Mystery solved.

But there are more mysteries about this Elf to be solved.

Edee:  Mommy, why does Peetie have a tag on him?
Me (oops):  Uh....I don't know.  Why do you think?
Edee (sounding a little disappointed):  Oh.  I tink he is a toy.
Me:  Well, maybe Santa makes his elves like toys at his workshop to be his helpers.
Edee (perking up a little):  Yeah! 

She thinks about it for awhile.

Edee:  I tink my toys come alive at night.
Me:  Maybe they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment