Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Nice

It has been a roller coaster week, and I've definitely had more than my share of impatient, distressed mom moments.  At least twice Chicken has asked me not to be mad at him and that he doesn't like it when I'm mean--which of course made me feel like the worst person.  If I'm disappointing my sweet and sensitive Chicken, someone whom I would rarely get upset with, then that's saying something.   Most of the stuff that has had me flying off the handle has been your run-of-the-mill  two-year-old mischievousness, curiosity, and defiance kinds of things,  but it's taken me off-guard coming from him.

(I stayed surprisingly cool during the poop smearing incident in Edee's room yesterday....just to give you an idea about some of things I'm referring to.)

Both kids have known I've been having a hard time.  Daddy helped Edee pick some flowers to give to me one night and told me that I was a good Mommy.  The next day when we were outside, Edee picked me flowers again, and when I  thanked her, she said, "Daddy told me I should do that more often."  It made me smile.  Edee isn't often that empathetic on her own, but she sure does try once she gets it.

But Chicken understands.  He's very thoughtful and sympathetic for a two-year-old.  Yesterday he came up to me and asked for a hug, held my cheeks, gave me a few kisses and told me, "You are a nice person Mommy,"  completely unprompted and out of the blue.  Of course I told him he was a nice person himself, and that I was very proud of him.   Which is so true.

Then last night he grabbed my face and said:

"Mommy, i yuff (love) you a yot of the times, every day, yo you much Mommy.  Some days I do.  And Mommy....yum times....yum times dere are ayigadors (aligators) and yum times dey are mean.  But.....sum times I yuff you, Mom. Weally much"

Being the mom is the best.
(And it's the worst!!!  Think 'smeared poop', and I think enough is said.)






No comments:

Post a Comment