Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, June 12, 2015

Just Me

I have a few dozen nicknames for Chicken.  Depending on the day lately, he doesn't like it when I use any of them.  It's hard for me to catch myself in using them since for the entire past...well, lifetime of his, he's been just about every term of endearment you can imagine.

Usually, his response is very hurt and annoyed.  Example.

Me:  Hey Sweetie(or insert any of the many random things I call him), can you come here?
Chicken:  I not a 'weetie!  I dust Kay-tin!
Me:  Okay, just Chicken...sorry Chicken.

There are exceptions.  Like when we're snuggling together at bedtime he's okay being my snuggle buggle or snuggie buggie.  He likes being my snuggie buggie, and calls me"snuggie buggie Mommy"  (oh he's going to cringe if he reads this in a decade or so.  I LOVE it though.  Please don't grow up, Chicken).

He also has been calling me "Mommy inchworm" lately and requests being called either Baby inchworm or Buddy inchworm in response.

Edee is also particular at times about the whole nickname thing.  I once made the mistake of calling her "buddy".

Edee:  No! No, no, no.  I am "Honey", and Chicken is "Buddy".
Me:  Oh....yeah, I guess you are right.  Sorry Honey.

How could I!


No comments:

Post a Comment