Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Chocolate Cake.

Edee has been eyeing a container in the kitchen with a small chocolate bundt cake inside over the past few days.  I keep trying to hide it but she keeps spotting it.

Edee:  Mommy, can I haff some of dat cauck-it  cake?
Me:  No Edee, not right now.
Edee:  Why?
Me:  Because it's for Mommy.
Edee:  Why?  Why is it Mommy's?
Me:  Because Daddy bought it for me when I was having a hard day.
Edee:  But I want some!
Me:  Sorry, but remember how I said no more chocolate treats today since you snuck into the chocolate chips and spilled them all over the floor?
Edee:  WAH!  It's all gone! Da cake is all gone!! I didn't get any!!!
Me:  No there's still a piece left....wait, it's gone!   I guess Daddy ate my last piece....
Edee:  AWWW!  Can I yick da fosting off of da yid?  Pitty pease?  I didn't get any!
Me:  Okay....fine....here.

Yeah I obviously just forgot about the no chocolate thing.  What I give into for a few minutes of peace...
My mind is completely somewhere else and a few minutes pass.

Edee:  Uh, uh Mommy?  I haff to tell you some-peen.
Me:  Okay, what?
Edee:  Mommy, I am haffing a hard day.  I'm haffing a really bad day.
Me:  Aw, I'm sorry.  I know you are.
Edee: Yeah I'm haffing a bad day and you need to make me a cauck-it cake.

It's just barely sinking in about now what she's doing here.

Me:  I'm not making you a chocolate cake.  We don't get cake every time we have a bad day.  Plus I told you no more chocolate, remember?
Edee:  I'm having a pitty bad day, can you make me a saw-bewwy cake?
Me:  I'm not making a strawberry cake either.  Or any cake.

Smart little girl here.  She picks up on everything....especially the things I don't mean for her to pick up on!





No comments:

Post a Comment