Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sibling Rivalry, Part I

I'm amazed how sibling rivalry between my kids seemed to be there from almost day one of Chicken's birth. I know it's natural for older kids to be jealous of younger ones, but for some reason I thought it would be something that developed over time and not be such an issue with my now one and two-year-old.  

I don't like it....but sometimes it can be pretty darn funny.  

One example was while we were driving a few hundred miles from our old home to our new town.   Long car rides with toddlers aren't always so fun.   There is often a lot of whining and crying and stops at random places (and playgrounds) to change diapers and let little legs run loose. 

This is one of the conversations from the back seat while we were somewhere in Pennsylvania.  Note that Chicken is still a babbler and I'm pretty sure he wasn't saying what Edee claimed he was.  But, I'm fairly confident he knew he had the power to evoke a reaction out of her, and liked it.

Chicken:  "Ma."
Edee:  "I not your mommy, Chicken!!"
Chicken:  "Ma."
Edee:  "I NOT your mommy, Chicken!!"
Chicken:  "..........Ma."
Edee:  "I NOT YOUR MOMMY!!!!"
Chicken:  "..........Ma."
Edee:  "GRRRRRR!!! ARRRGGGGHH!  CHICKEN!!!  I.  NOT.  YOUR.  MOMMY!!!"
Chicken: "............................Ma."

Lather, rinse, and repeat for the next 20 miles.  Welcome to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment