Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Kidding

Home hunting is not fun with small children.  Not fun for us, not fun for them.   We've been looking for a place to live for the past two weeks and finally settled on an apartment.   It's a pretty nice place with great amenities, but still an apartment nonetheless.  I think it will be a nice change, but I know there will be some difficulties going from owning a two-story home to renting a two bedroom apartment.

We went to sign the lease last night at probably the worst time--around dinnertime.  While Daddy read the fine print, I wrangled the grumpy/hyperactive kids outside in front of the office.   They felt fairly limited in their activities since I wouldn't let them pick flowers, grab and throw mulch, and run out into the parking lot. Finally we settled on gathering little cherry-like berries that had fallen to the ground from an overhead tree. This kept them entertained for about 10 minutes.

Until Edee saw a bush with different berries.

Me:  "Edee, hands off.  Don't touch that bush or those berries."
Edee:  "Awwww.  Mooooommmmy.  You gotta be kiddin' me."
Me: (Did she really just say that to me?) "I'm not 'kidding you.'  I'm serious.  Don't touch them."

A few minutes later she went for the berries again.

Me:  "Edee.  I said 'no'."
Edee:  "Moooooommy.  You gotta be kiddin' me."
Me:  "Edee.  I'm not kidding. I'm serious.  Touch them again and we go inside."
Edee:  "Aww Mommy.  You kiddin' and serious-n' me."

How does she come up with these things which I have no response for?


No comments:

Post a Comment