Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, April 11, 2014

Umbrella

Edee:  "Ah!!  Yook it's my bum-bella!! "
Me:  "Hands off.  We're not bringing the umbrella into the store."
Edee:  "But it's MINE!"
Me:  "No.  Actually it's not.  It's mine.  I had it long before you were born."

We start walking across the parking lot.  A moment later.

Edee:  "I remember when I had a bum-bella, when I was your age."
Me: "Whaaaat."
Edee:  "Yeah, when I was your age, once.  I had a bum-bella."

I couldn't help laughing a little.
Not just because she calls it a bum-bella.
It's not the first time Edee has told me about something that happened when she was my age.  And no....I swear I don't spend all day doing the old folk thing, telling stories all the time about "when I was your age...walking uphill both ways."  At least I think I don't!!

No comments:

Post a Comment