Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Right Back At Ya.

It's enlightening to view yourself from your threenager (our new term for Edee) reflecting back to you the things your often do.  Some things are good, some are bad; it happens often.
One example:

I'm typing up a blog post (the one about Edee's dreams) and Edee climbs onto my lap.

Edee:  Mommy, can I watch 'My Yittle Ponies now?'
Me:  One more minute Edee, I need the computer and want to finish typing something.

Edee picks up my phone and starts typing numbers into it.  I'm not really paying attention to what she's doing because I'm typing.  She's quiet for a little while.

Edee, holding up the phone:  Otay, Mommy.  Your one minute is up.  It time for me to watch 'My Yittle Ponies' now.
Me, amused:  Okay Edee.

I start pulling up her show.

Edee:  Dank you Mommy, you were a good yistener (listener).

She'll be a good mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment