Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Two going on Thirteen.

Edee is turning three-years-old next month.  You would never guess by some of the things she says lately, since she sounds more like a teenager.   Like when she says:

"Mom, I'm breaking out. Yook at my face."

and

"No, I don wan a wear dat!! It doesn't match."
And then she'll change her clothes two or three times.

And at the store:

"Oh yook!  Yoooous!  (Shoes--still working on our s,r, and l sounds...).  Yet's go try yum more on!!"
She proceeds to pull out heels four or five times her size, slips off her boots, and puts them on.

Then later while looking at clothes:

Oh dat's yoooo (sooooo) cute!!  Yet's buy it, Mommy!"

She's also always snatching my mascara or lipgloss, stealing my jewelry, and getting into my tampons.   I know the teenage years will sneak up on me fast, but I didn't expect to get such an eye-opening preview! 

No comments:

Post a Comment