Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Egg Nog

Me:  "Hey Edee, are you all done drinking your egg nog?"
Edee: "What??"
Me:  "The stuff that you are drinking, it's called 'egg nog'."
Edee:  "It ha EGGS in it?"
Me:  "No this one doesn't have eggs in it.  It does sound like a silly name, doesn't it?"
Edee: "Yeah."  She finishes off what's in her cup.  "Can I have some more cog egg?"

We both had a good laugh, though I think we were laughing for different reasons.   The name has stuck, we are now going to refer to egg nog as "cog egg" in our house.  Why not?  It's really no more bizarre than the original.

On a side note, my husband doesn't like cog egg.  I don't understand it.  To me, cog egg tastes like melted vanilla ice cream with yummy Christmas-reminiscent spices.  What's not to love about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment