Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Phew!

There are a few things Edee says lately that cause me to snicker each and every time she says them.

One being when she calls Chicken by his full name.  With proper emphasis on his first, middle, and last name....meaning she is usually upset with him when she says it.  I wonder where she gets that from?

Another is when she says, "What da heck??!!!"  I usually hear this from her when she sees something goofy or surprising, like her toy dinosaurs' heads wrapped in toilet paper.

My favorite is the most recent, "Phew!!"  An example was this morning when she was pulling herself up onto her seat at the dining room table, excitedly anticipating a breakfast of the new cereal I bought at the grocery store yesterday.  What she saw in front of her was the remains of her dinner last night (I guess we forgot to clear it off...gross, I know.  Sometimes we leave it out for awhile after dinner to give her another chance to finish her food).  Immediately she starting freaking out, similarly to how a teenage girl (or I) would upon seeing a gross bug on their plate.  I grabbed the plate and told her I was throwing that out and getting her cereal.  "Oh Phew!!!!!"  was her response.  It just makes me laugh coming from her little animated self!

No comments:

Post a Comment