Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Monday, November 18, 2013

Not Tall Enough.

We have these stretchy animal toys that stick when you throw them at the wall.  Oddly enough they aren't sticky to the touch, but they will stay stuck for quite a while if thrown just right.   Chicken and Edee both LOVE them.  They have created some high-quality family entertainment.

Daddy occasionally will throw one up onto our ten-foot-high ceilings, then lifts the kids up to grab it.   Chicken especially will giggle like crazy doing this and thinks it's the greatest thing in the world.

Apparently before Daddy left for work this morning he threw the only remaining (un-lost) stretchy critter up onto the kitchen ceiling and left it there, too high for me to reach, even standing on a chair.  This tortured the children all day.

Edee:  "Let's get it down Mommy!"
Me:  "I can't, I'm not tall enough."
Edee, matter-of-factly:  "Yeah, you're short Mommy."
Me (feeling a little defensive about being called short by someone who's three-foot-nothin'): "Well, I'm not as tall as Daddy."
Edee:  "It's Otay.  You can eat your dinner all gone and will get big like Daddy."

I'm glad some of the things I say sink in!

No comments:

Post a Comment