Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Friday, February 3, 2017

Creepin' Up on You

We've been listening to the Troll's movie soundtrack at our house lately.  Chicken particularly likes the song "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake.  This means that we listen to it every day. Lots of times every day.  Dozen of times every day.  I added it to Chicken's "Kids Fun" Playlist, which consists of all the songs he's obsessed with:  "Everything is Awesome", "Shatter Me", "Safe and Sound", "We Will Rock You", "Immortals", "Cinema".  And now "Can't Stop the Feeling".  It's too short of a playlist to listen to so often.

But they are his favorites, and try telling the four-year-old to branch out.

I'm talking about the song with Chicken.

Me:  Don't you think it's a little weird that he's saying that he's creeping up on you?
Chicken:  I taught it was sayin', "I dust cweepin' up on JUICE, so dust dance, dance, dance, dance."
(insert lisp for the 's' sound in 'dance').
Me:  Of course you thought that.  That's not nearly as creepy.
Chicken:  Sometimes, I fink it's saying, "I dust eatin' chips, so dust dance, dance, dance, dance."

Hmm.

It's a weird song either way.

But, I STILL DUST WOVE CHICKEN!  (So just dance, dance, dance, dance...)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Kid lyrics are way better than the real ones. Also, his playlist has some of my actual favorite songs on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like most of the songs too, but we listen to them way too much. I like a little more variety :) But it makes him happy to listen to his favorites every day!!

      Delete