Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Baby Eggs

Chicken:  Mom, I didn't know dat mommy's tummies are cut open for da baby to come out!!  It's not from da girl parts!

Edee:  Yeah Mom!  You were wrong!

Me:  What...who told you...well, sometimes that happens if the baby needs to come out quick.  It happens sometimes but usually not.

Chicken:  Edee, did you know dat dere's a tiny egg in da mommy's tummy?  Yeah, and den it hatches.

Me:  Well...er,no, it doesn't hatch, Chicken, it's more like it grows.

Chicken:  What?  I did not know dat. And den it EXPLODES!??

Me:  No...

Can you tell that Chicken has had a lot of questions about babies lately?  (Out of nowhere, might I add, I'm not pregnant, just for the record). And I'm thinking that a few of his friends are not giving him the most reliable information.  Just a taste of many future conversations, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment