Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Porcupine

Chicken had a haircut a few weeks ago.  He did not enjoy the process.  We had Edee run and grab my Kindle and I pulled up an episode of Wild Kratts about porcupines.  That occupied both of them while we finished shearing Chicken.

Later we were talking about what Edee learned about porcupines.  She was able to tell us that they have quills, and that the quills are pokey.  We then realized as we chatted more that she was calling the porcupine a "pokey-pine".  Makes sense!

Chicken is talking more and more too and it's getting fun.  These are some of my favorite things he'll say lately:

 "Ape" for grapefruit (my kids looooove grapefruit.  It's wierd; I know).
"Upppp" with extra emphasis on the the "p" sound when he want picked up.
"Wushhh" for when he wants to brush his teeth
"Wah-yah" for water

It's so fun watching the light come on as he's learning how to communicate better.


No comments:

Post a Comment