Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pets

Our family is driving from our apartment across town to the new house we bought.  Daddy and I are chatting in the front seat about house projects (of which there are many).

Then quietly from the back seat:

Edee:  Daddy?  I nee a talk to you about yumting.
Mommy:  Daddy, your little girl is trying to talk to you.
Daddy:  Yes, Edee?
Edee:  Um, Daddy, did you know dat dere aren't any pets at our house?
Daddy:  ......Yes.
Edee:  Yeah.  Dere's no fish, no dogs, and no cats dere.
Mommy starts laughing
Daddy:  You're not starting that passive aggressive thing where you make a statement and expect me to know exactly what you want, are you?
Mommy:   I think it's pretty clear what she wants.

I'm thinking Daddy's comment about being passive aggressive may have been a passive aggressive comment towards me.  And I don't know how much longer we are going to be able to say "no" to pets.  This isn't the first time this has come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment