Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bus Treasures

Edee had just got off of the bus from school, when she announces, "I'm just going upstairs, for no reason!!"

Daddy and I raise our eyebrows at each other. Clayton runs up after her.

Me (yelling up the stairs):  What reason do you have for going upstairs for no reason?
Edee:  Just no reason!  I'll be right back!
Me (to Daddy):  What was that about?
Daddy:  I don't know.  Something's going on.

She comes back downstairs.

Daddy: Edee, I need you to be honest.  Why did you run upstairs?
Edee:  I, uh...mm...I just found something on the bus.  It's not dirty!
Me:  Okay, go get it and show it to us right now, please.
Edee:  Okay.

She leaves and comes back excitedly holding out something small in her hand and hands it to Daddy.

Edee:  It smells so good!
Me:  What is--
Daddy:  Aw, gross!
Me:  Ew! Edee!  Gross, that's a dried out piece of chewed up gum.  Go wash your hands right now.

Chicken is sitting there smiling at me.

Me:  Did you touch it too?

He nods slowly, still grinning.

Me:  Go wash your hands!!

Kids!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment