Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cemetery

We drove down to Cape Cod this weekend for a Cranberry Harvest Celebration.  As we approached our destination, we passed through a cemetery--a very New England-styled one; with old headstones surrounding us on either side; and tall, beautiful trees, dropping their leaves in a variety of colors.

Just as I was thinking to myself how utterly lovely it all was, I hear from the backseat from four-year-old Chicken in a quiet, slightly disgusted, matter-of-fact voice:

"Oh yuck, some people died."

Daddy and I both burst into laughter.  Edee and Chicken thought our reactions were pretty great so they joined in too.

Death itself really isn't a humorous thing to me.  But his perception of it in that moment was.

No comments:

Post a Comment