Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Literally

Chicken has been taking things I say a little too literally lately.

Me:  Okay.  I think I'll just run to the store then.  Daddy will stay home with you guys.
Chicken:  Run?  How can you run to da shtore?
Me:  I'm going to the store.
Chicken:  Why not drive in da car? Why are you runnin'?
Me:  ....Oh, I am taking the car....run...it's a figure of speech...I'm not really running!

Less than 20 minutes late  (although we have had this same conversation more than once).

Me:  I'm going to jump in the shower then so I can get going.
Chicken:  JUMP!?  Don't jump in da shower!
Me:  It just means I'm going to hurry, Chicken.  It's not safe to jump up and down in the shower....

It's funny how often you don't really think much about what you're saying until your three-year-old comments on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment