Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Trampoline

Driving home from Joy School, we were spelling out names of some of Edee's friends.  It just so happened that all of the names we had spelled so far all had "L's" in them.

Me:  Did you know your full name has an "L" in it too, Edee?  E-V-A-N-G-E-L-I-N-E.   Evangeline.
Edee:  Ban-jo-ween?  Why my name is Ban-jo-ween?
Me:  Because Mommy and Daddy named you Evangeline and we just call you Edee for short.  Remember?
Edee:  Oh. Yeah.

A minute later.

Edee: I wish we had a tam-po-ween (trampoline).
Me:  What....why?  Who has a trampoline? None of your friends do.
Edee:  My new friends in Idaho did.
Me (wondering where this shift in conversation suddenly came from):  Did you see one today?
Edee:  no, I just want a tampoween.  To jump on all da time.
Me:  I don't think we are going to get one.  Sorry.
Edee:  We can get one for Kissmas!
Me:  Christmas is over.
Edee:  Yeah, I aweady know dat.  We can get one for next Kissmas.
Me:  Good luck convincing Daddy of that one.

It took me a moment or two more to realize that 'Evangeline' and 'trampoline' sound just enough alike to have started this whole thought process.  If I would have know that giving her this name would have caused trampoline envy, I might have rethought that.

No comments:

Post a Comment