Oh noodles.

Oh noodles.
"Edee" and "Chicken" are nicknames for my two little rascals. The names originated from how my daughter would pronounce both her own and little brother's name when she first started talking. They've stuck. Chicken may live to regret that someday....

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Grandma

Chicken:  Mom, I don't want you to be a grandma.
Me:  Why not?
Chicken:  Because then you won't be my mom anymore.
Me:  Yes I will!  I'll always be your mom.
Chicken:  But then you'll be about to die
Me: .....no I won't.  I mean, no one knows when they are going to die.  Everyone dies.  But I'm planning on being around for awhile.
Chicken:  But then where are you planning on living when you're a grandma?  Like Chicago....or America....or Washington?
Me:   I'll be in America, pretty sure.
Chicken:  But I don't know where I'm going to live.
Me:  How about I live wherever you live?  How does that sound?
Chicken:  Good!!!
Me: Sounds good, I'll follow you around and help take care of your babies.
Chicken: Yeah I want to live wherever you live.  What if you forget?  Don't you forget things?
Me:  I'll try not to forget. We can talk about it when you're older and married.
Chicken: Do you know how many kids I want to have?
Me:  How many?
Chicken:  Ten.
Me:  Make sure you talk to your wife about that, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment